Dumpster Filling Tips
Filling a dumpster? Whether you're moving, cleaning up after construction, or renovating, having a dumpster to toss your junk into is ideal, but with anything, takes a little finesse.
Don't worry, it's nothing major, and it certainly isn't some special art that must be perfected. However, there are a few best practice just so everyone involved can remain safe, and you can get the most out of your dumpster-filling experience!
Without further ado, here are our best dumpster filling tips for you:
1) Don't overload the dumpster! – This is bar-none tip numero uno. Yes, it can be super easy to max out a dumpster to get all that junk out of your space. But in reality, an over-filled dumpster is dangerous for transportation, and you may actually end up paying more in fees. Be realistic out what you'll need in a dumpster size-wise.
2) Remember: Household debris needs separate containers – Dirt, concrete, and yard waste are technically organic matter, so they need their own container. Plan ahead for those needs separately.
3)Stack appliances accordingly – Appliances are obviously heavy and can be a bit more risky to transport. Make sure they're stacked against the wall of the dumpster and never double-stack heavy appliances. You should also tell your transporter that they're in there so they can maneuver back to headquarters accordingly.
4) Don't throw hazardous chemicals in there – Simply put, it endangers the crew and can even cause and explosion under the right (or rather, wrong) circumstances.
5) Latch everything when it's done and ready – When all is said and done, latch up the back so that the crew knows it's all ready to go, otherwise they won't be able to take it.
6) Have payment ready at delivery – Many people think payment is due at pickup, but it's actually do at delivery. Plus, it makes for a quick and easy pickup on your pickup date.
7) Know where additional fees can/will be applied – We don't expect you to know exactly what can and cannot go in the dumpster or the exact tonnage of your junk. That said, additional effort does require additional fees, so you'll want to know when/where those will be applied:
• Car batteries and tires
• When the dumpster is filled over the top edge
• When the dumpster can't be picked up for any reason (car is blocking it, it's over-filled, etc.)
Otherwise, that's it! Upon booking your dumpster rental dates, there will be a confirmation message with everything you need to know regarding filling your dumpster, but if you ever have questions, we encourage you to ask! We'd be more than happy to help!
91 views0 comments